TuzlaDailyPhoto

City on a grain of salt. Tuzla means a place of salt and it lays on top of the salt lake. It is suspected it has been there for around 7000 years as one of the oldest places in Europe.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Painter & Writer


This part of the city is called Korzo – walking area, very popular.

Few years back we got these two statuettes of Mesa Selimovic, on the right, one of the biggest writers in Bosnia and on the left is Ismet Mujezinovic one of the most celebrated painters.
They were regulars on these streets in their time.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

The billboard is massive and certainly is a focal point. At first I thought the statues were real. Great photo!

22 August, 2006 14:54  
Blogger Randy said...

I love this photo and the statues are wonderful!

22 August, 2006 23:01  
Blogger Lisi said...

great public art and a bit of city memorial for the artist and writer

23 August, 2006 17:39  
Blogger Ame said...

Very cool Jazzy! I had to do a double take on those figures too! LOL! (=

23 August, 2006 21:16  
Blogger edwin s said...

Hello Jazzy! I'm back!!! Yay!

yes, I like the statues too.

24 August, 2006 08:43  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Hi Jazzy, I've a new address: http://stavangerphotobytanty.blogspot.com
Please update your link and of course please stop by :)
Oh, Nice photo, I like the statue also.

24 August, 2006 22:43  
Blogger Kim said...

What a cool way to commemorate these two! Wouldn't it be cool to see one's own statue "haunting" the places where one loved to hang out? I like the way the background of the colorful advert is a great foil for this sunny mid-day shot! Oh, I see some of the big stone "balls" from Seattle's Space Needle seem to have gone on summer holiday to Bosnia! ;^) (I've noticed them in two other city daily photo blogs. . .I wonder where cities buy such fixtures?
-Kim

26 August, 2006 19:44  
Blogger Jazzy said...

thanx all for stopping by =)

i agree the statuettes look cool

27 August, 2006 13:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home