TuzlaDailyPhoto

City on a grain of salt. Tuzla means a place of salt and it lays on top of the salt lake. It is suspected it has been there for around 7000 years as one of the oldest places in Europe.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Rustic meal


As promised, here is the famous zucchini pastry or tart.
Hope it's not too rustic for you, it's very tasty and healthy for that matter.

Recipe for zucchini pastry:

7 big spoons of corn meal (I like coarse corn meal)
2 big spoons of white meal-powder
1 small spoon of salt
2 eggs
1 big spoon of olive oil
1/2 glass of milk
200 ml = 7 oz of yogurt
1/4 small spoon of baking powder
3-4 small zucchinis or 1 if its bigger shred

After you shredded zucchinis mix all the ingredients together. Use bigger tin and spread some olive oil all over it, heat it on the highest temperature and when it's hot take it out, pour the ingredients (it shouldn't be too thick) and bake it till it's golden.

Bon Appétit

It's sunny again today, hooray.

And don't forget to have a great week.

8 Comments:

Blogger Juggerpix said...

OOoooo... that looks good. Now I know what it should look like when I try to make it!

14 August, 2006 12:10  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhh ... yummy! How to make it? Is it difficult?

14 August, 2006 12:58  
Blogger Lisi said...

looks yummy!

14 August, 2006 13:55  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yummy! Is there egg in these pastries? Would love to know how they are made!

14 August, 2006 15:17  
Blogger Kala said...

darn i wish I could try some - do those stay fresh for long like bread? If so, Id trade you - some hawaiian goodeis for tuzla goodies (healthy goodies) like this zucchini treat!

15 August, 2006 13:15  
Blogger Ryan said...

In all my times in Bosnia, I never saw one of these. I wish I had.

15 August, 2006 18:00  
Blogger Andreea said...

oh i love the pictures on the piffles piffles. great way of taking us through the recipe :)

16 August, 2006 16:22  
Blogger Jazzy said...

I put the recipe again hoping some of you will be adventurous enough and try to make it.
It's a very simple dish to make, very cheap, very healthy and it's almost impossible not to make it right.

OCP - I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to try it while being in Bosnia.
I don't think you can buy it anywhere in Bosnia, you have to have somebody to make it for you.
I'm sure some people make it slightly differently than the recipe I took from my Nena (granny here).

Thanx all for stopping by =)

17 August, 2006 21:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home