TuzlaDailyPhoto

City on a grain of salt. Tuzla means a place of salt and it lays on top of the salt lake. It is suspected it has been there for around 7000 years as one of the oldest places in Europe.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Delicious pastry


Yummy!!! This is my favourite pastry. The dough is really soft and this white stuff is melted salt. They are best when they are hot, but even cold, you can't resist them. Some people eat them with yogurt. I like them on their own, without anything, just as they are. They are called "slanci" (pronounced slantzi), and they are quite cheap.
What do you prefer, savoury or sweet food? Bon apetit!!
Lilly x

10 Comments:

Blogger worldcup said...

mmmh, sto volim kifle!

03 March, 2007 01:05  
Blogger photowannabe said...

Hmmm..I guess I like them both, but this isn't fair. Its almost time for dinner and my tummy's making noise. These look yummy.

03 March, 2007 01:50  
Blogger sretno dijete said...

Joj Lilly, gdje me nadje...

Slanci are my favourite pastry as well. Are they stil 2o cents, five for 1Km? When I'm in Tuzla, I can't imagine my breakfast without them. Usually, I get them in a small bakery between Omladinski Dom and the apartman building "Zvijezda"...
Butter & warm slanci. You don't need anything else. Delicious...

03 March, 2007 03:57  
Blogger JaamZIN said...

ohh I just finished my breakfast....but looking at this "kifli" (we call it like that) I feel like to have a second breakfast:)

03 March, 2007 09:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did I prefer? Hm, it depends, what`s a time and season and what I am doing. . .
But your pastry seems to be good in any time :)

Have a nice weekend, Lilly!

Greetings to Jazzy!

03 March, 2007 10:54  
Blogger Kate said...

Savory gets my vote!! Lovely display of good food!!

03 March, 2007 10:59  
Blogger Kris said...

i imagine it'll taste great with soup ..btw, I prefer savoury

03 March, 2007 22:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me hungry and I just finished dinner.

04 March, 2007 00:56  
Blogger Meg said...

I thought that'd be sugar - if it's salt, would it go with soup?

08 March, 2007 11:45  
Blogger Meg said...

Hold on.... Of course it's salt - it's Tuzla.

08 March, 2007 11:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home