TuzlaDailyPhoto

City on a grain of salt. Tuzla means a place of salt and it lays on top of the salt lake. It is suspected it has been there for around 7000 years as one of the oldest places in Europe.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sonet XVIII


Why not finish this week with a shot of a gorgeous red Mercedes and my favourite Shakespeare's XVIII Sonnet.

XVIII
Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimmed,
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance, or nature's changing course untrimmed:
But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st,
Nor shall death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st,
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Do you have a favourite Shakespeare sonnet?

Have a nice weekend wherever you are.


8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, that's one of the old mercs that I grew up with!

Nice choice of Shakespeare's works.

04 November, 2006 01:49  
Blogger Olivier said...

c'est une voiture de collection.
mon sonnet (j'ais fait un peu de theatre)

it is a car of collection.
my sonnet (I board does a little theatre)

Let not my love be called idolatry,
Nor my beloved as an idol show,
Since all alike my songs and praises be
To one, of one, still such, and ever so.
Kind is my love to-day, to-morrow kind,
Still constant in a wondrous excellence;
Therefore my verse to constancy confined,
One thing expressing, leaves out difference.
Fair, kind, and true, is all my argument,
Fair, kind, and true, varying to other words;
And in this change is my invention spent,
Three themes in one, which wondrous scope affords.
Fair, kind, and true, have often lived alone,
Which three till now, never kept seat in one.

04 November, 2006 04:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a classic and stunning red!

Shakespeare ..erm..not my cup of tea :)

ps. I like your yesterday's post and photo as well

04 November, 2006 09:45  
Blogger Kala said...

I cant think of one right now because I'm dead tired but I love your creativity! Great post =)

04 November, 2006 10:40  
Blogger JaamZIN said...

woww..what a great old Mercedes. YOu have a lot like this in Tuzla?
To be honest to me its very hard to read Shakespeare in this old English. I love him in Hungarian...ok ok its not the same but at least I understand:)

04 November, 2006 12:46  
Blogger tut-tut said...

You have a nice weekend as well. I'm enjoying seeing your part of the world.

04 November, 2006 22:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your favourite and many others I'm sure. I'm pleased to say I knew it as soon as I read the first line. ( Although I didn't know it was about a merc!)

05 November, 2006 06:25  
Blogger Meg said...

Nice red Merc!

06 November, 2006 21:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home