TuzlaDailyPhoto

City on a grain of salt. Tuzla means a place of salt and it lays on top of the salt lake. It is suspected it has been there for around 7000 years as one of the oldest places in Europe.

Monday, July 09, 2007

A little jewel in Tuzla's crown


This is a small goldsmiths shop where you can take your gold and silver to be repaired. Most of these shops look modern now and this is one of the rare ones where you can watch the work being done while you wait. I took Jazzy's ring to be repaired here and it was done in 5 minutes. This is one of my favourite places in Tuzla. Unlike today's shops it has soul and the service is good too.

4 Comments:

Blogger AlohaTrevella said...

I adore these little shops! There is a watch smith in my office bldg...and every once in awhile I will see him hunched over his work bench with that huge magnifier strapped to his head and the spot light glaring down on his handywork, looks like something out of the past century. He doesn't come in very often anymore because most people buy "throw away" watches now, kinda sad...

09 July, 2007 00:38  
Blogger photowannabe said...

Wonderful detail and I'm glad you have chronicled a lost art. Everybody wants fast , instant and disposable.
I like your thoughts about his shop having soul and service.

09 July, 2007 02:06  
Blogger Ele ^_^ said...

I've never seen a shop like that! Nice shot! See ya.. ^^

09 July, 2007 14:28  
Blogger alice said...

Coffee break?

09 July, 2007 17:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home