TuzlaDailyPhoto

City on a grain of salt. Tuzla means a place of salt and it lays on top of the salt lake. It is suspected it has been there for around 7000 years as one of the oldest places in Europe.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Old buildings


Old buildings are fascinating to me, they can look great if they're refurbished nicely, the photo above is from Tuzla and these three below from Madrid, if you click each one you can see them in full light.









I'm back from Madrid. What a great city... endless rows of beautiful old buildings, great food, tasty churros, great night life... fabulous museums... btw I finally saw Picasso's Guernica, what an amazing peace of art... Dsole you truly live in a beautiful city.
Hope you all had a great Easter break.
Have a lovely week.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

What I find fascinating are the lights! Even on the most delapidated buildings you will occasionally see a beautifully shaped light/lamp like this one on the wall!

10 April, 2007 03:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wonder what they'll do with this old structure. We have some old buildings after refurbished had lost the character...

10 April, 2007 09:06  
Blogger Kalyan Panja said...

Wonderfully captured shot's of building's!

10 April, 2007 10:42  
Blogger Olivier said...

belle serie, bravo pour les photos. J'adore les photos des vieux immeubles


beautiful series, cheer for the photographs. I adore the photographs of the old buildings

10 April, 2007 15:24  
Blogger Unknown said...

It must have been a charming building during its hey days.

Looking at the lamp you could have guess so.

10 April, 2007 18:54  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Oh yes, Madrid is beautiful. Lovely photos Jazzy.

10 April, 2007 21:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Glasgow I've noticed a lot of old abandoned buildings with buddleia growing from the bricks - huge plants thriving from hardly any soil at all.

I agree about Madrid too - I sat in front of Guernica for ages. The whole museum was great though, I spent ages there.

11 April, 2007 09:48  
Blogger Dsole said...

Jazzy!!
At least I write you!
I'm really sorry because I thought you were coming to Madrid in May (and don't ask me why, just that idea get into my head and stay there...) so I didn't tell you anything about the city for your days here...
I'm seeing now your photos, I'm glad you have a great time and you enjoy Madrid's day and night-life so maybe you come back soon and take this coffee with me! :)

14 April, 2007 20:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home