TuzlaDailyPhoto

City on a grain of salt. Tuzla means a place of salt and it lays on top of the salt lake. It is suspected it has been there for around 7000 years as one of the oldest places in Europe.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Dancing shoes


Shoe Magic

The shoe rack
is stacked
With promise,

With dreams
Waiting
To wake.

What you do,
Where you go,
Who you grow

Up to be
Depends on
The steps you take.

Nikki Grimes

I liked these shoes dancing freely on the display so they had to be a follow up to the yesterday post.
I'm very chuffed that lots of you like poetry so here it is again - a little gem.

This photo was taken on the market where they sell very cheep clothes. The clothes are not the best quality but with low prices. Lot's of people can't afford to buy stuff in shops so markets are very popular.


12 Comments:

Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Which shoe you like among those dancing shoes? Nice shot by the way!

19 September, 2006 12:33  
Blogger Unknown said...

talking about shoes, nowadays where I am now, many people are wearing those Crocs shoes, those plastic looking full of holes shoes. and super colourful too!

19 September, 2006 18:19  
Blogger edwin s said...

Bloody excellent shot Jazzy! I love the orange high-tops and the black-stripped ones.

19 September, 2006 18:56  
Blogger Kris said...

yeah, those cros shoes are popular back home. Me, I like the brown colour, quite funky ;)

19 September, 2006 20:01  
Blogger Felicia said...

I love shoes, but I don't think I need any more! Must be the style, but why do you need a zipper and laces?

20 September, 2006 01:37  
Blogger Annie said...

Imagine dancing in these, just imagine.

20 September, 2006 03:46  
Blogger Juggerpix said...

Great shot (and a very nice poem as well)! I like the black shoe/boot things with the orange stitching.

Wait... they have laces and a zipper... why would...I mean if you can zip them why.... I...

That’s it, my cerebellum just fused.

20 September, 2006 04:43  
Blogger Ame said...

Oooooo, I want some orange ones! Great shot Jazzy--a merry-go-shoe-round! :-)

20 September, 2006 07:32  
Blogger kaa said...

an interesting way to display the shoes.. first time tat i have ever seen them this way. good shot!

20 September, 2006 23:56  
Blogger Jazzy said...

thanks all for stopping by =) i'm very honoured.

the laces and zipper - well i suppose it's a bit of a fashion statement and a bit to make it easy to put them on, imagine you have to lace them up every time, haha.

my fave are black with orange stripe =)

21 September, 2006 00:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"These boots are made for walking, and that's what I'm going to do! One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you!"

22 September, 2006 06:40  
Blogger Eric said...

Just excellent. Excellent!

23 September, 2006 21:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home